Food Mash! Local Food Knowledge Transfer and Networking Opportunities
A casual meet up for people committed to a sustainable food system postponed to November 11th @OPENCOOP Tolhuistuin from 6.00 PM to 9.00 PM.
Farming the City together with BiteMe and Metabolic began share a common goal: a more resilient food system in Amsterdam. In order to share our ambition with several other initiatives, we decided to create an effective series of networking events for like minded people.
The three parties have been doing a lot of work around creating a more empowering food system in Amsterdam because the idea is to take action through meeting others stakeholders such as farmers, thinkers and business people who are re-inventing our food system and creating complimentary initiatives around food and urban agriculture around Amsterdam and the Netherlands.
As a consequence, we are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new Program “Food Mash!” to provide knowledge transfer and networking opportunities, this program is designed to improve the long-term viability of markets and build valuable relationships between actors. Food Mash is a casual meet up for people committed to a sustainable food system for Amsterdam. There will be a new Food Mash on the regular basis, with each session devoted to transferring knowledge from experts about different parts of the value chain. Our first Food Mash will focus on the producers (farmers), more than 24 local farmers have been invited to share their needs and ambitions with us, and during the night our attention will especially focus towards their work.
The first Food Mash will be at the Open COOP on Tolhuisweg 2 on Monday, November 11th. It will begin at 6pm and end around 9pm. Attendance is free and there will be affordable food and drinks for everyone, as long as you sign up :)
The session will be in a ‘living room style’, which means during discussions everyone can sit cozily on couches and cushions while enjoying a bite and drinks. Some points of information:
- There are two goals of this meet-up : Transfer knowledge about the needs, activities, and interests of producers to a larger network of food actors who want to work with local farmers; and Create the opportunity for professionals, policymakers, and passionate individuals to meet each other and build relationships.
- Dinner is being cooked by BiteMe and will be served bar-style from 18:00 to 18:25. A dinner plate comes with a great salad, soup, and bread and costs 5 EUR.
- Beer, wine, and juice will be sold throughout the event. Beer and juice for 1.50 EUR, and wine for 2 EUR.
- To purchase dinner and drinks, please bring cash, since paying with a card is not possible!
- Feel encouraged to bring snacks / dessert to share for the after-drinks, which take place at 8pm following discussions.
The refined agenda for the night is as follows:
18:00 Doors Open for Dinner
18:35 Local Farming the Broader Context
18:40 Farmer Discussion
19:10 Breakout Sessions
19:45 Group Highlights
20:00 Drinks and Chats
Posted on 01 November 2013 and filed under Projects